Advanced Job Search
Granite City, Illinois
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Always perform on-time preventative maintenance and necessary repairs on company equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Responsible for supervising shop personnel.
- Maintain and service all shop equipment, including cleaning rack equipment.
- Maintain an accurate parts inventory needed to accomplish necessary fleet repairs.
- Update electronic maintenance records daily, closing out Repair orders within 24 hrs. of completion.
- Maintain work schedule for shop employees to ensure adequate manpower during peak service hours.
- Coordinate maintenance activities with operational partners to ensure schedules can be met daily.
- Follow cargo tank entry procedures in accordance with federal and company guidelines.
- Perform federal and state required inspections on GTI fleet and decal each vehicle accordingly.
- Ensure that the latest techniques, procedures and guidance from GTI Fleet is used in maintaining Company fleet.
- Maintain proper maintenance records in accordance with regulations and Company policy.
- Comply with existing federal, state, and Company requirements and regulations to maintain a proper environment of cleanliness, efficiency, and safety within the shop.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) as required.
- Ensure that shop personnel receive proper instruction and training for tasks performed.
- Ability to write, read, and speak the English language for the following purposes:
- Make entries on reports and record entries on maintenance records to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Read reports, technical manuals, and other documents to keep abreast of changes in Company fleet, including all component parts.
- Converse with co-workers and properly communicate with others.
- Perform other duties as required.