Advanced Job Search
Fort Worth, Texas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis of the component parts and systems on the truck-tractor, or the component parts and systems of a cargo tank semi-trailer.
- Make proper use of both power and hand tools to repair or replace defective components of Company fleet and other equipment.
- When applicable, use welding skills and knowledge of metals to complete vehicle repairs.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance records in accordance with Company policies and State and Federal regulations in the absence of a Shop Manager.
- Read reports, technical manuals, and other documents to keep abreast of changes in Company fleet, including all component parts.
- Qualified to perform FHWA inspections (GTI code IN-ANN)
- Qualified to perform brake maintenance (GTI code BRAQUA)
- Qualified to perform tire maintenance (GTI code TIRES)
- Qualified to perform HM-183 inspections (GTI code HM183R) *
- Ability to repair any issue discovered during a preventive maintenance inspection on all revenue-generating equipment without assistance
- Ability to diagnose and repair electronic powertrain components and trailer ABS systems
- Ability to provide guidance and training as needed to Level B and C technicians
- Ability to assume supervisor’s duties on a temporary basis as needed to maintain workflow with operations
- Ability to work shifts that consist of days or nights and/or weekends as specified by the Shop/Terminal Manager.
- Provide a safe work environment for co-workers at all times.
- Assure that the cargo tank entry procedures are followed at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Level A technicians that are HM-183 registered inspectors may not be required to possess the skills outlined in bullet points 10-13 (see highlighted) but will be at a lower “Level A” pay scale.