Advanced Job Search
Cleaning Rack Attendants
Granite City, Illinois
- Walk, bend, reach, stand, push, pull, stoop, squat, kneel, grasp, and lift up to 75 pounds as necessary to accomplish the following work:
- Physically handle cleaning equipment that operates under high pressure, both at floor level and on top of cargo tank, and cleaning catwalk up to a height of 11 feet.
- Physically handle sections of loading and unloading hose that may exceed 20 feet in length, measure up to four inches in diameter, and weigh as much as 75 pounds.
- Physically move 55 gallon drums of cleaning material to and from storage area, using drum dolly.
- Ascend and descend steps on cleaning rack up to a height of 11 feet to work on catwalk surface atop cargo tank trailer.
- Remove, clean, repair, and replace all trailer valves, hoses, lines, and other connections as required on cargo tank trailer.
- Wear safety protective clothing as required, including face respirator, self-contained breathing apparatus, and resistant slicker suit, hard hat, goggles, face shield, and/or protective footwear and gloves.
- Ability to write, read, and speak the English language for the following purposes:
- To converse with co-workers.
- To read reports, regulations, and records, such as Safety Data Sheets, which describe the hazards, associated with contents of the cargo tank to be cleaned.
- To follow oral or written instructions pertaining to proper safety procedures required cleaning a cargo tank.
- To compare cleaning ticket information with information on product tags or placards.
- Complete required information on cleaning tickets.
- Assist in the containment of hazardous or nonhazardous residue or vapors left in the cargo tank after the unloading process.
- Must be able to follow cargo tank entry procedures if required to enter a cargo tank or assist in the entry.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Non-drivers, Technicians & Corporate
It takes a whole team of great individuals to keep our trucks on the road, loads dispatched, and operations running smoothly. Find out more about becoming an integral part of our front line support team.
Groendyke proudly supports our military veterans. If you have previously served our country, find out more about how Groendyke can serve you.